Access this Journal
Women's Health Highlight Patient Page Images in Women's DermThe Art of Prevention Submit a Manuscript Guide for Authors List of Issues Open Access Journal
The IJWD publishes articles pertaining to dermatologic medical, surgical and cosmetic issues faced by female patients and their families. We are interested in original research articles, review articles, unusual case reports, new treatments, clinical trials, education, mentorship and viewpoint articles. Articles dealing with ethical issues in dermatology and medical legal scenarios are also welcome.Very important articles will have accompanying editorials.
Topics which our subsections editors look forward to welcoming include:
- Women’s Health
- Oncology, Surgery and Aesthetics
- Pediatric Dermatology
- Medical Dermatology
The Women’s Dermatologic Society founded in 1973, is dedicated to helping dermatologists fulfill their greatest potential and assisting them in making a contribution to our specialty and society.
To achieve this goal, the Society relies on the active participation of its members, who represent a diverse cross-section of professional subspecialties.
The WDS is working to mitigate the challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic by connecting the WDS community during these rapidly changing times and providing needed resources.
International Journal of Women's Dermatology Articles
The IJWD is providing COVID-19 peer reviewed reliable information to dermatologists and their patients during the crisis.
- The Art of Prevention: COVID-19 Vaccine Preparedness for the Dermatologist
Shauna M. Rice, Sarah D. Ferree, Natasha Atanaskova Mesinkovska, Arianne Shadi Kourosh
- Zooming into Cosmetic Procedures During the COVID-19 Pandemic: The Provider’s Perspective
Shauna M. Rice, Julia A. Siegel, Tiffany Libby, Emmy Graber, Arianne Shadi Kourosh
- Lean in or out: How to balance when the world turns upside down?
Alexandra W. Hickman, Ilana S. Rosman
- The Show Must Go On: Dermatologic procedural education in the era of COVID-19
Samara Pollock, Neera R. Nathan, Janelle S. Nassim, Shadi Kourosh, Kavita Mariwalla, Sandy S. Tsao
- The role of women as past and present advocates for vaccinations: relevance in the Covid-19 setting
Benjamin S. Daniel, Dedee F. Murrell
- Impact of covid-19 pandemic on dermatology practice: results of a web-based, global survey
Shashank Bhargavaa, Charles McKeeverb, George Kroumpouzos
- The Response of Women’s Dermatologic Society and the International Journal of Women’s Dermatology to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Jenny E.Murase, Dedee F. Murrell
- Art of prevention: Life in the time of coronavirus
Mohsen Baghchechi, Jeffery Dunn, Navin Jaipaul, Sharon E.Jacob
- Dermatoethics: Self-Prescribing Plaquenil during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Victoria J. Stoj, Jane M.Grant-Kels
- Management guidelines for pregnant healthcare workers exposed to infectious dermatoses
Vidhatha Reddy, Alexander L Kollhoff, Jenny E Murase, Kathryn Martires
- The role of virtual support groups for patients with hidradenitis suppurativa during the COVID-19 pandemic
- The Dermatologist’s Perspective: Why is COVID-19 mortality lower in females than males?
Dedee F. Murrell, Jenny E.Murase
- The rise and evolution of COVID-19
Mohsen Baghchechi, Navin Jaipaul, Sharon E.Jacob
- COVID-19 impacts medical journal submissions
Jalal Maghfour, JustinOlson, Sharon E. Jacob
Virtual Networking Opportunities
This new series of positive, uplifting online networking events are led by the Chairs of WDS Committees and are open to all WDS members. Come for fun and fellowship with your colleagues and friends in WDS.
View Upcoming Events
Virtual Resident Education Opportunities
The WDS Resident Education Series is a collection of live educational sessions on a variety of topics spanning the breadth of dermatology. Recordings of past live Resident Education events are available online - login to the WDS Members Only Website: www.womensderm.org/members
View Upcoming Events
New Temporary Remote Resident Membership Type
New in 2020 is a Temporary Dermatology Resident Membership, which will allow more immediate access to remote teaching for residents who are not yet WDS members. Help increase the impact of WDS programs by spreading the word to your colleagues and residents.
Become a WDS Member Today